Beach themed sensory playdough
Create your own beach themed sensory station with sand playdough. Perfect for indoor play on a rainy day.
What you need
1 cup flour
- ½ cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup play sand
- Mix the flour, salt and cream of tartar and whisk well.
- In a pan or pot, add the water, oil and mix.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients (flour, salt, cream of tartar) to the pot and mix well. Cook on low to medium heat.
- Keep mixing well and spread out in the pan if possible so that the salt mixes well with the water to dissolve.
- Do not continuously stir while cooking. Let it sit for a few seconds before mixing and flipping the dough in the pot. The dough is done when it starts to form a ball and looks fully cooked.
- Take off the heat and let cool.
- Knead for 10 minutes to make the dough smooth.
- Once your dough is cool and kneaded, knead in 1/2 cup of play sand. It does take some time to fully knead in all of the sand. Keep kneading and it will continue to mix in.
Shared from www.thebestideasforkids.com