A little one learning to walk is an exciting and slightly terrifying time! You’re so proud of your munchkin, but suddenly realise that anything lower than knee level is fair game.
The other new challenge is that a walking child needs foot protection when out and about.
While podiatrists and other medical practitioners agree that barefoot is best where possible, the reality is that there are times when their feet need protecting. Sharp sticks and cranky ants don’t move out of the way and before you know it, your little one is a ball of pain.
The Traditional BigToes shoe design is so much more than a cute, easy-to-put-on choice. This shoe has been scientifically designed to mimic barefoot walking in babies and toddlers, as much as any shoe possibly could. It offers full foot support, without taking away the crucial ‘barefoot feelings’ required for growth and cognitive development.
- Has a ‘big toe box’ to allow toes to freely move around inside the shoe. This is necessary to gain balance and stability.
- Has a softness that sits BELOW the ankle, providing the right amount of support without over-stabilising. Too much rigidity around the ankle leads to weakness and a foot that relies solely on a shoe for stability. This can affect the development of feet, ankles, knees and hips.
- Is glue free, breathable and totally non-toxic. This eliminates foot odour (kids feet get SWEATY!) and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Has a non-slip out-sole. Learning to walk is hard enough without a slippery sole!
- Is lightweight and easy to slip on and off. Little ones don’t tend to keep their feet still for very long!
- Comes in a range of fun, happy designs.
A symbol of wisdom and knowledge, the Owl is a must have BigToes design for curious minds and growing bodies. Available in cool two-tones of brown and grey, and navy and tan, BigToes Owl is a highly durable, functional and exceptionally cute addition to any wardrobe.
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.