A little one learning to walk is an exciting and slightly terrifying time! You’re so proud of your munchkin, but suddenly realise that anything lower than knee level is fair game.
The other new challenge is that a walking child needs foot protection when out and about.
While podiatrists and other medical practitioners agree that barefoot is best where possible, the reality is that there are times when their feet need protecting. Sharp sticks and cranky ants don’t move out of the way and before you know it, your little one is a ball of pain.
The Traditional BigToes shoe design is so much more than a cute, easy-to-put-on choice. This shoe has been scientifically designed to mimic barefoot walking in babies and toddlers, as much as any shoe possibly could. It offers full foot support, without taking away the crucial ‘barefoot feelings’ required for growth and cognitive development.
- Has a ‘big toe box’ to allow toes to freely move around inside the shoe. This is necessary to gain balance and stability.
- Has a softness that sits BELOW the ankle, providing the right amount of support without over-stabilising. Too much rigidity around the ankle leads to weakness and a foot that relies solely on a shoe for stability. This can affect the development of feet, ankles, knees and hips.
- Is glue free, breathable and totally non-toxic. This eliminates foot odour (kids feet get SWEATY!) and is suitable for sensitive skin.
- Has a non-slip out-sole. Learning to walk is hard enough without a slippery sole!
- Is lightweight and easy to slip on and off. Little ones don’t tend to keep their feet still for very long!
- Comes in a range of fun, happy designs.
As each child is unique and everyone grows at a different rate, we do not like to put an age bracket on our shoes, and instead measure by millimetre. You may view our easy-to-use sizing chart here. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer Flat Rate Shipping of $8.50 or Free Domestic Shipping on orders over $70.
We ship all orders with Sendle or Standard Australia Post for PO Box and rural addresses.
We ship worldwide. If you are purchasing from outside of Australia and your destination country does not appear, please contact us at email@example.com so we can organise a manual shipping quote and invoice for you.
Once your order has been dispatched, you will receive a system generated email with a tracking number.
We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages as well as packages delayed in transit or to an incorrect address.
We are unable to make changes or cancel your order once it has been shipped. Please wait for your delivery and then follow our return policy.
Please note due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, couriers are experiencing high volumes of deliveries and therefore it may take longer than usual for your order to arrive. Unfortunately this is out of our control and if you experience long delays on receiving your order, suggest you contact the service in which your order was shipped with your tracking number, for an update.